Overfilling 2002 Camry LE V6 1MZ-FE oil?

I took my car for an oil change and they put the entire 5L US jug of Mobil 1 in my 1MZ-FE engine.

I looked at the dip stick, and its above the full mark. Should I have them empty some if it or just leave it till the next oil change at 4,000 miles?

Reply to
Car Guy

Falling asleep through Car Guy's post...

Bring it back

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

Make sure you are checking it on a level surface. If it is over the full mark significantly, bring it back. I would not bother if it is a hair over.

Reply to
Art Begun
1/2 liter overfilled wont hurt the car
Reply to
mark Ransley

The manual suggests 4.7 liters with filter and he put 5 liters. The overfill is about 300 ml.

Reply to
Car Guy

Like he said, if it is a hair over, do not worry. Make sure the car is on a level surface before checking and the engine has been off for

30 minutes. The car holds 4.7 qt anyway. I would think .3 qt is tolerable. The danger with overfilling is that the crank can splash the oil putting small air bubbles in the oil. The oil will turn kind of light brown to whitish.

Scot

Reply to
Scot

Oh nooooooooooooo!!

Reply to
noyap

Oh Pleeeeze, Art!

What is the defination of a 'hair over'?

...and you are a Crapsler driver?

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Fla

Retard. Go read up on the consequences of overfilling before retorting with such a nancy sarcastic response.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

I think if, on a level surface, the oil line is more than a 1/4 above full, then maybe you should worry a little. If you want to lower it a little, you can pull the oil filter off of your car and drain the oil out as much as possible. That should pull out .2 qts. Enough to get you much closer to the full line.

The line for full is not an exact science. there is error built in to it. If there were not, then engines would blow up all over the place from being over filled.

Reply to
Scot Carawayy

Hey, hey Nick, you're on anal overload! Get a life, the car ain't gonna' crap out with a 1/4 qt. overfill.

Reply to
noyap