2003 Vue/Aftermarket Stereo Help

I am trying to install an Eclipse mp3 player in my 2003 Vue. I bought a wiring harness and It didn't work. I noticed that the pins were different in the harness that I bought and the harness that was connected to the stock Saturn cd player. I cut the plug off the stock harness out of the Vue and tried wiring it that way. In both casses When I turn the ignition on the stereo "resets" ,it spit the cd out the first time, but I can't turn the power on. The stereo works, as the people at the stereo shop tested it. Any sugestions please. Also does anyone know what I should do with the gold/copper braided wire that was connected to the back of the stock cd player.--thanks

Reply to
mryukk

Also, the wiring harness that I bought was for a 2001/2002 Vue. Are they different, if so does anyone know where I can get the correct one.--thanks

Reply to
mryukk

The indirect answer is: Realizing that this is after the fact of your purchase, you may want to consult crutchfield.com for the parts you need

- they also have a veritable library of wiring diagrams, etc - tho I don't remember if you have to make a purchase (wiring harness?) to get a wiring diagram for your vehicle or not.

-rj

98SL2

mryukk wrote:

Reply to
richard hornsby

I do not know if Cruthfield will will supply a wiring diagram or not, but in the past they would supply installation instructions for around five bucks with no purchase required. They did it for my Saturn. Crutchfield is a great resource and a great company.

Reply to
Wild Bill