does anyone know firing order for 2001 saturn sl1

my mom had a friend help her change her wires and i think he croosed the wires because it is mis firing now.could anyone help!!!@!@

Reply to
lgriding

Searching back to previous posts, I found this for a 97, which should be the same for the '01:

"The ignition cable order at the coil pack (there are 2 coils) is

4,1,2,3 (left to right) On the cylinder side it's 1,2,3,4 (left to right)."

Unfortunatley, my Haynes manual seems to reiterate not to remove all the spark plug wires at once, but doesn't seem to tell you what the firing order is, unless I just haven't found it yet.

If the car wasn't misfiring before as you imply, I would probably tell that friend to keep his grubby fingers off your mom's car from now on. It isn't difficult to change spark plug wires, however mixing up the wires or replacing the wires incorrectly has the potential to throw a rod through the block and destroy an engine.

-rj

98SL2
Reply to
richard hornsby

When looking at the wiring, the leftmost on the distributor block goes to the rightmost plug; the next from the left goes to the leftmost plug; the 3rd from the left goes to the second plug from the left; the rightmost goes to the second from the right plug.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

Reply to
Jonnie Santos