Carisma stereo replacement

I've bought the new stereo and a wire harness to connect it to the existing connections but I'm really not sure where to connect the ground lead coming from the wire harness. Where should I connect it?

Reply to
Peter

Grab ya auto manual for your car if you have one, if not grab a schematic layout of your car, find the black wire coming from your ignition switch and connect the red wire to your radio then find the black wire that is your earth wire. Some ppl connect straight from the battery, tho i tend to think with coming from your battery, if you forget to turn it off, a possible flat battery may be found in the morning. So connecting it off the ignition switch, when you turn the ignition switch off, all power is also off.

Good luck

Reply to
Peter

factory car wiring for the stereo. If I remember right from installing a cd and tape player into my 1992 Eclipse there is no ground in the car harness (similar to some Chrysler products in anyone has delt with those). If this is the case just connect the ground from the car stereo harness to a good chasis ground in the dash. This can be a screw or bolt in the dash that is metal that is connected to the rest of the car. Please double check if this is the case for your car. Your install harness should have instructions should have directions for this. Hope this helps you.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance