2004 VUE - Dashboard beeping problem

Hey all, Here's a question for you.

I'm sitting at a RR crossing this evening and the train was moving real slow. Had the whole family with me. Decided to put it in park and shut of the engine to wait it out. Had the Radio on, so it was in the ACC position. Finally, the train clears the gate. I start the engine, move it into Drive and pull away. About 10 seconds after starting back up, this rapid beeping starting coming from the dash somewhere. My wife and I look at each other, not knowing what was going on. The only light on the dash was the daytime running lights. After about 7-8 seconds the beeping stopped. Not sure what happened and I have not been able to repeat it.

- Never took off my seatbelt.

- Door was not ajar.

- I didn't hit the alarm button on the key fob.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Quisp Spaceguy

I get that on my L series if the parking brake is on... But like you said, there wre no dash warning lights. The same beeping happens with a security fault but that again should flash the 'security' lamp. (at least you didn't get a fuel lock-out) Oh well, add this one to the ever growing list of the mysteries of life. Oppie

[...]

Oppie

I've had this happen also if the parking brake is not completely released.

Reply to
Dan Gimon