97 SLT Problem, please help

Hi, I have a 1997 Saturn SL2 1.9L dual cam. Anyways, I have been having problems with the power windows. They seem to always stick and often have trouble moving down and up. Sometimes they hardly move. Any ideas on how to fix it? or help make it better. Also, My back left door has messed up and won't open. From both the outside, and inside the door handles seem as if they are locked. Any tips? If anyone can help me out or give me advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks A lot,

Reply to
Assman

jdoe

The other poster is right on with the window fix. I have a 97 and the back doors on mine did just as you said, but in reverse, would not latch after opening. The linkage and gizzmos inside the latching and locking area get frozen over time due to lack of lubing. If you have something like WD 40, Liquid Wrench or similar, lift up the handle and shoot it(with the tube, not spray) in both sides under the handle into the inside of the door. You will have to use quite a bit to get to the area that is frozen and it will run out the bottom of the door, so put something down to catch it. Do that several times over a day or two and see if that will free it up. I now give the doors a shot every month or so to keep them from freezing up. Good luck, MR

Reply to
MR