Auto rear view mirror dimmer

I have to ask. How many people turn off the auto dimmer when they drive at night? I think it is bad that you can't toggle the option to leave it on or off.

When it is dark behind me and a car comes up, I like to see who is in the car and where the car is. Not just the headlights. If they have the brights on behind me, that is another issue.

In my old 2003 VUE, I could just press the button for a second and it would shut off. In the 2007 VUE I have to hold it down for 10 seconds to turn it off. Annoying.

Reply to
Coasten1

Sound like you have to get in there and rewire the switch so it shuts off completely. See if you can get a diagram of the circuit. You might just have to change a small part in the timer circuit to get back the 1 second. Fred

94 SC2
Reply to
Fred

You can have the shop reprogram the mirror to stay on or off if you like. Rewiring the mirror may void the warranty and cause possible issues with the OnStar buttons.

Reply to
marx404