brake lights on Honda Concerto

My Concerto's brake lights are always blowing, I need to change them quite often. They work ok for a while then blow again. I changed the bulbs last night but now one side doesn't seem to work at all (the other side is ok for the moment) so I presume it cant be a fuse. Any ideas?

Chaz

Reply to
chaz

Is it a shared filament bulb? If so perhaps you put it in backwards and it's not making a decent connection. As to bulbs blowing all the time - what make do you buy? I used to find Halfrods bulbs utter pants that lasted no time at all.

Reply to
Scott M

Yes

If so perhaps you put it in backwards and

Backwards?? Not sure what you mean? Can you put a bayonet bulb in backwards?

As to bulbs blowing all the time -

I bought generic filling station bulbs! Do better brands last longer?

chaz

Reply to
chaz

Yes, but it'll look bright when you turn the sidelights on

Yep

Reply to
Duncan Wood