Cam Cover Swap

Does anyone in the group know if you can replace the plastic cam/valve cover on a '96 DOHC with an aluminum one from a '94?

TIA

Reply to
Chuck

yes it will swap.

Reply to
TheLastDonSC2

But if you do this, you will need to buy a new gasket for the aluminum cover (get it from the dealer - don't do the tube of RTV business) since it isn't reusable like the composite cover's is, and different plug wires. The plug wire boots fit down into the cover just so, and the top surfaces of the plug holes in the covers are different.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Thanks a bunch guys - the tips are greatly appreciated! I just picked up the Torx drive. I'm going in this weekend.

Reply to
Chuck