change oil light

I have a saturn L200 (2002) and change the oil every 3000 miles. anyone know how to cancel the change oil light after I change the oil.

Thanks

Reply to
Joe096

in the fuse box under the hood there is a reset button. You have to take off fuse cover and read the instructions. I believe you hold down the button for at least 30 seconds.

Reply to
Shawn

They certainly could have made it easier.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes underhood fuse block and its only 5 seconds actually.

The oil change indicator will flash for 30 seconds not that you will run around there fast enough to see it.

Other GM vehicles will have you press the gas pedal 3 times fast with the key > in the fuse box under the hood there is a reset button. You have to take off

Reply to
BläBlä

per the under block sticker instructions, put your key in 1st and then turn it to run, but dont start. Then press the oil change reset button (I think 5 seconds or less should do). The dash light will flash for a few seconds then go out. FIN. When in doubt, RTFM.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

RTFM - I like that one! Assuming that it stands for Read The ing Manual... Yes, that infomation is in the owner's manual.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie