coolant temp sens

where is the coolant temp sens? And can a non-mech person change it?

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

The sensor, o na 1994 sl1, is on the front of the engine block almost lined up with the coolant fan. However there are 2 sensors in this area. Best way I find is to use the haines manual. You can get this in an automotive outlet for most cases. Very simple to change...

Reply to
Laurent Doiron

Since you dont mention what engine I'll be as vague and say right before the t-stat.

Depends. As a non-mechanic person what makes you think somethings wrong with it?

Reply to
Blah blah

My coolant temp sens went bad around 30k ... the only real repair I've had to my 98SL2 Saturn ... and a friend has a 98SL2 with 80k on it and I am just going to replace the sensor for him and change plugs, etc ... So, I just plan to buy it and find where it is ... and change just a preventative mantenance.

Reply to
ProfWdesk1