DIgital Radio

I have a 1992 saturn that needed a battery change awhile ago.

After the cahange my radio hasen't worked only noise like I have no antenna. The tape player works fine. The digital dial sometimes lights with wrong digits sometimes not at all.

I have checked antenna connections and they look ok.

Can anyone help with this. I have bought another radio from ebay and installed with the same results. Could the antenna be shot? I didn't think they could be broken.

thanks, mike

Reply to
Michael

Michael

Glad you got it to work right. No reason to feel stupid. The unit may have needed to be reset, or there may have been some kind of conductivity issue in the fuse connection. It sounded to me from your original description that perhaps the unit wasn't getting enough voltage, but I couldn't figure out what would cause an undervolt. You may want to pull the radio and put a multimeter on the various hot inputs (acc, pow, etc) and see what you get back. IIRC, they are all 12V.

-rj

98SL2
Reply to
richard hornsby