Ion -Just Gas?

I was told by my salesman,that the octane should only be 87,the computer is calibrated to read this.Can I add some STP Gas Treatment?,I got 12k now & it's been a brutal winter.

Reply to
Teem

I periodically add a bottle of either drygas (isopropyl type preferred over methyl) or injector cleaner. Keeps everything running nicely.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

STP for fuel injectors my Saturn tech told me is a-ok once in awhile as needed, as is cleaning the throttle body out with the proper cleaner. Other additives may damage your lines or mess with the computer's readings.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I agree. Fuel injector cleaner and drygas won't hurt if used once in a while.

Reply to
Markwalt