Hello, owner of a {new to me) 1994 SL2 - some questions

1994 SL2 It is recommended that the battery be discnnected when you replace a fuse in the fuse box(pass. side)? This is concerting I trying to fogure out why the power locks are not working

Second question. How doone pull out the cigarette lighter. I do not smoke and want to use a power adapter.

Finally, my one key will open the door and ignition of course but will not open the truck. I also tried getting a copy for my one key at a hardware store but they couldn't find a matching set. Must I go thru a saturn dealership?

How much to get a key made thru Saturn(rough guess I know)

Reply to
jlc2

I have never heard of disconnecting your battery to replace a fuse. And i never do.

It should just pull out pull on it.

Why in the hell would your saturn key open a truck? Nah just kidding they probly changed the trunk tumbler so there would have to be another key to open it.

I don't know but if the trunk tumblers have been changed it won't do anything but make u a little poorer.

Reply to
Rich Soucie

I'm guessing that your "ignition key" is really a "valet key" which would open the doors and work in the ignition, but not allow access to the trunk.

It is less likely, but also possible that the trunk's lock cylinder was replaced as Rich has theorized below, but would mean the cylinder most likely was replaced with a junk yard/scrap unit since any dealer or locksmith that changed out the cylinder would have re-keyed to allow it to be used with the old key.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

OK, thanks for the info, I asked the question about the fuse because when I bught some replacments 20amp fuses from autozone and inserted one in a spark happened with a little pop sound. The new fuse was blown instantly. Does this mean a short somewhere?

Reply to
jlc2

Reply to
Skip

no valet key option was available on '94 that I know of, but I could be wrong. Sounds like you need to kave a proper key made. Yes, if you want it done right and hassle free take your ID and VIN# to a Saturn dealership to have the proper key made. They can properly tell you whats going on with the current key you have too. A new key is cheap for a '94 anyways and Saturn can make that specific key according to the VIN.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Thanks, That's what I'm gonna do!