Ion left turn signal

I have an '03 Ion with about 24,000 miles on it. In almost the entire time I've owned the car, my front left turn signal hasn't worked, and in the back left it flashes very quickly. I brought the car in last Wednesday and had the light harness replaced; today the problem resurfaced.

Has anyone else had this problem, and has it gotten resolved to your satisfaction? My wife and I have owned Saturns since 1996 and this is by far the most frustrating experience either of us have had with one of them.

Reply to
Jason Sacks

I think there is a TSB out on this. The circuit gets overloaded or something and takes out the front bulb. If I remember correctly it can also burn up your wires which would be why you had to get a new harness. The fix is to wire in a "resistor" to prevent that from happening again. I dont know where you got this fixed at but if it was a Saturn dealer they should of known to do that fix. Take it back to them and make sure they get that taken care of correctly.

Reply to
Blah blah

No, it doesn't burn up the wires. The resistor gets put in to reduce the voltage to the front turn signal bulbs in order to improve their life. Quite likely there was also a bad batch of bulbs in some cars too..

Reply to
Robert Hancock