ION's ABS and traction control

I would like to know more about the ION's ABS and traction control. Any takers? Thanks.

Reply to
LT

The ABS on the Ion is a Bosch 8.0 ABS system. The traction control is a fairly simple system, it will signal the ECM to reduce engine torque output by retarding spark timing and/or cutting fuel delivery, and in some cases request the transmission upshift, when wheelspin is detected. It will not apply the brakes to stop wheelspin, as in some systems.

I haven't seen the ABS on mine in action yet, we'll see this winter. However, that Bosch system seems fairly advanced, so it should hopefully work pretty well (better than the cheap Delco ABS VI system on many older GM cars..)

Reply to
Robert Hancock

It's a full four-channel system. (The main components in the hydraulic module are a pump, accumulator, and one inlet solenoid valve and one outlet solenoid valve for each wheel.)

It also uses the ABS system to control the rear brake pressure (Dynamic Rear Proportioning) instead of a traditional mechanical proportioning valve.

Reply to
Robert Hancock