Ion Speakers

Would it be a giant hassle to install the 2 speakers on the upper door?,haven't called the dealer on this,my car probably isn't "wired" for that type of add on,thanks in advance.

Reply to
Teem

If you're talking about the tweeters in the mirror closeouts I'm 99.9% sure the wires for these are just spliced into the regular door speaker wires.

Reply to
Hutch001b

Yes, they do appear to just be wired in parallel with the main door speakers.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Reply to
Teem

Yes, they are tweeters. The closeouts just pop off. No special tools needed but the outer door panel will need to come off to access the wires. A semi-special tool is needed for that. A #30 or 35 Torx bit, iforget which. A stereo shop could pop tweters in your existing closeouts quickly and probably for less than the dealer. It's also a pretty easy DIY project.

Reply to
Hutch001b

Reply to
Teem