P0340 Cam position sensor

I went to Autozone to get a SES code from my 98 SL2. The scanner read P0340 which, is the camshaft position sensor or circuit. However, when
I tried to purchase a sensor, the computer said the car didn't have one. What should I do when I'm told to replace a sensor my car doesn't have? Any help would be appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@ecr.net says...

Did you have or are you due for a tune up?
The car has about 80k on it now. At about 70k I did replace the plugs and plug wires.
blah blah wrote:

I went ahead and bought a new set of plug wires and it took care of it right away. The ones I bought just a short time ago must have been defective.
Thanks.
Jake292 wrote:

Whoops posted this reply in the wrong thread:
Saturn 1.9's use "compression sense", bad plugs and wires will throw that off. Always check a new set of wires with an ohm meter. I like to wrap my wires in wire looms to keep them from rubbing through on metal. They usually out last the plugs that way. Hopefully you used "double platinum" plugs (ac delco or autolite my pref) since it is a "waste spark" system. That will give you another good 80k miles of use out of them.

...Well, if I were web-savvy, I'd probably do a Google or Yahoo search. If I weren't web-savvy, I'd probably ask my Saturn dealer's service department personnel. But, that's just me. :)