Remote starter standard transmission

Haveing trouble locating a installer for a remote starter on a 5 speed sc2 in my area White Lake Michigan. Any one that could point me in the right direction would be great?

Zookeeper

Reply to
Zookeeper1955

I could be wrong, but I don't think it can be done.

The clutch has to be depressed in order to start the car. I don't think a remote starter can do this, so the mechanism would have to be defeated. I don't know that this would be a good idea.

Reply to
Richard

Well it can be done now..there makeing for the Manual transmisions..see link. The thing is finding a installer in my area..

I could be wrong, but I don't think it can be done.

Reply to
Zookeeper1955

There are systems that use sensors to detect that your trans is in neutral before overriding the clutch pedal switch to start a manual transmission car. Do some web searching - I'm sure there's info out there.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

I have allready searched for the remote starter did that before looking for a installer.. Seems there is a liability isue claim from every installer I have checked with..if it was a older car I would do it my self but don't feel confortable messing with the wireing on this car airbags and the other electronics can't aford to toast a $600. part.

Zookeeper

Lane wrote:

Reply to
Zookeeper1955

I have a 2001 SL2 5-sp. I added a remote starter to it in 2001. It was made by PolarStart and it's worked well since day one. The only annoying thing is that you have to go through the motions to get it to work:

1) come to a stop . .. put on your parking brake 2) press the designated button to engage the system 3) turn the car off and exit (the engine will still be running) 4) close the doors 5) press the designated button to stop the car

You have to go through this process so that it knows that the car is in neutral. Even though it's a bit annoying you get used to it and I'd rather have it than not.

you can check this link

Cheers!

Reply to
Jocko

Works about the way the one I ordered dose, the Ultra Start 1256M. but finding the remote was the easy part locating a installer was a different mater..but think I have one lined up to install it for $100.00 good point is he dose it for a living but will do mine on the side.. none of the shops in my are will do a install on a manual transmission....

Zookeeper

http://etr> I have a 2001 SL2 5-sp. I added a remote starter to it in 2001. It was

Reply to
Zookeeper1955