Saturn LW300 Timing Belt

I was wondering if anyone had anything that they could send me showing me how to change the timing belt. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic and have many tools plus access to more. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

I admire your moxie for wanting to undertake this yourself. I've changed timing belts before but when I read what was required to do this one (mine is an '01 lw300), I gladly paid a shop to do it. I have a buddy with an independent shop who charged me $600 to do the water pump and timing belt.

You need tools to clamp the two dohc in position before the belt is loosened. Another tool goes on the crank (iirc) for angle setting. There are two tensioners and the relation between them sets the cam timing.

If you really want to read about it, give me your email or a binaries group to post on. I can scan the ten or so pages later this week. It's a pain getting the engine book on the flatbed scanner but not as big a pain as working on this motor.

Oppie

20 miles North of NYC
Reply to
Oppie

Do you have access to news:alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech ? Some providers carry it. It's a binaries group and would be a good place to post scans.

Reply to
Oppie

Yes I do have access.  If you wouldn't mind sending me the copies so I can check them out.

Thank you, Robert

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

Reply to
Oppie

I have a 2002

Reply to
Robert Rolleston

Posted to alt.binaries.automotive.manuals-tech

30 pages worth of scans including serpentine belt and timing belt for 2001 L81 engine (LW300) Oppie
Reply to
oppie