Freelander 2 - First impression

Been to the Airshow at Cosford today and Stradstone had a stand there. Not alot on the stand other than two Harleys, 1 Freelander 2 and One Disco 3

I have to save having had a sit in the Freelander 2 It reminded my very much of our last RRC size wise and I would certainly consider taking one for a test run come the time our Disco gets swapped in a few years.

As for the Disco 3 what the hell are they doing with the 2 rear seats.. looked very impracticle to get in to them.. suppose in fiarness we've use our two rear seats 3 or 4 times while we've had the Disco 1.

I'll certainly be watching the Freelander 2 with interest.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Aye, sat in one in the dealers whilst the DII was being repaired (again). I'll be looking hard at FL2 when I have to change. At least I could sit in it without my (thining) hair brushing the headlining like it does in a FL1. Less of a ladies look to it as well.

Had a 7 seat DIII as a loaner when the DII was being repaired (again again). Much better seats than the DII's extra seats, an adult can actually sit in them without having a knee/chin/back of 2nd row interface problem. Getting in didn't seem much of problem no more so than getting into the back seat on a normal 2/3 door car.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Andy had one & it went right back, major electrical problems!

I might get myself a nice P38 soon. Mine was a cracker, wish i never sold it.

Reply to
Nige

Dave Liquorice uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Do they flip one of the middle row forwards? I can only guess.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes the back and maybe the seat of the 2nd row can be flipped forward out of the way. As one would with the front seat of a 2/3 dor car.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ah that makes more sense - I had visions of Grandma and Grandad having to get their leg over the back row :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Some new owners express their opinions here;

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:14:24 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

and it's fecking huge.

's about time LR made a genuinely small 4x4 again, might do the old corporate image some good too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I drove one at a camping and caravan show towing a big caravan as a test drive seemed v good as a road vehicle

Reply to
Eddie Morgan