SC1 2001?

I'm looking into getting my first near newish car....

After years of driving cars costing no more than $2000 I want something realiable, dependable and that's not gonna cost a lot... A pipe dream...

Anyway, I've seen some good deals on a couple 2001 SC1's.

In particular I'm looking at one with 30,000 miles. It's fairly loaded for that model. $8000.

I'm also considering getting the extended warranty for about another $1200 that will cover the car for 100,000 mles and 5 years.

Thoughts?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Knott

Skip the warranty. Put that money in the bank and use it if you have a catastrophic repair. Extended warranties don't cover as much as original factory warranties do. $1200 in the bank is worth a lot more to me than the promise to fix specific things that may or may not happen.

If you're sold on getting a warranty already, look around to see if you can get it cheaper. They are, after all, just like insurance. You might be able to save a lot of money on the same product. I'm sure others here can direct you to a good source.

Reply to
Ratbert