Scratched Windsheild

saw it this week,the sun was out while driving home from work,it's the wipers!,is there such a thing as crappy glass?.I don't buy into that "particles on the blades when dry",this is only a 2003 Ion w/8400 miles.

Reply to
Teem

Some times you can get dirt and other debris in the wire blades and it will put small scratches in the glass.. This was talked about a while ago.... I have removed this in the past from windsheilds. all you need is the compound and a drill

Buff the compound on and buff off. this will remove the small grit scratches.

Here is the stuff you can buy it's kinda pricy for a small amount but it works..

Joe Biadasz

Teem wrote: > saw it this week,the sun was out while driving home from > work,it's the wipers!,is there such a thing as crappy glass?.I > don't buy into that "particles on the blades when dry",this is > only a 2003 Ion w/8400 miles.

Every windshield will develop fine scratches that you can see when the sun hits the glass right. But it's true that some windshield seem more prone to scratching than others -- softer glass.

And running the wipers dry (or nearly dry) is a surefire way to scratch the glass, no matter what you say.

Reply to
Dan Hicks