Key won't turn

Ok, I've had this happen in other cars but I can eventually get it to work, but this time I'm stuck.

Saturn 2000 LS2....

Key won't turn. Car IS IN park.... Steering whell is locked.... Wan't originally but after messing with it and turning it in an attempt to free up the keys, it locked.... I've tilted the steering wheel back and forth, no effect. I've push the car back and forth, no effect.

The damn key won't turn!

I've tried it turned both way, I've tried my spare keys... no effect.

It was working last night when I parked...

Anyone had issues with this with Saturns?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
Ken Knott

Try twisting the key while alternately turning steering wheel right then left. Put a little force into turning steering wheel.

Wes

"Ken Knott" wrote:

Reply to
clutch

You need a new ignition lock cylinder. Very common problem with Saturns.

begin 666 dot.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`/ ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Jay Bollyn

See if you can pull the gear selector in a different gear,, If you can thats your problem. Put it in neutral then turn the key moving the steering wheel. See if you can get it freed up ..

Also is this a copy of the ignition key? If so see if you can use the orginal key.

Reply to
Joe Biadasz

Try spraying some WD40 in there using the "red thingy" that comes with the can...

Then run out and get some graphite powder to use as the WD40 is NOT an oil, but more of a solvent and will disappear in a few days.

If that doesn't work, a locksmith may need to replace the cylinder - or you could remove it and drive around with a flat-head screwdriver rather than a key. Low security, high reliability.

Regards, Joe - VROC #8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com - 973.571.1456 24/7

Ask me about "The Ride" on July 31, '04:

- The very best in frustrating, cool games.

4 bedroom house for sale OR 2 bedroom apartment for rent - Northern, NJ - eMail me for details.
Reply to
Joe Agro

Hi, Ken, Well, I've had this problem with a *lot* of different cars. Often, the problem can be solved by turning (not tilting) the steering wheel one way or the other, then trying to turn the ignition key. Sometimes, the problem is that the car was parked on a hill and rolled -- in this case, it took a lot of key jiggling and steering wheel turning to convince it to "unlock." Good luck!

Reply to
Steve