Seat squeaks in Ion

I seem to recall a thread here once upon a time about how to remedy this problem...I just don't recall the answer unfortunately. (My seat didn't squeak atthe time...) but now, with a whopping 3,900 (!) miles on it, the drivers seat has an irritating squeak while driving. Kirk had a solution to the problem, but I cannot recall the fix... can you post you tips once again, Kirk? Please... Thanks!

Reply to
Warren

Try searching this link

*&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

Reply to
Blah blah

Here's how you do it:

1) Fold the back seats down. 2) Using a screwdriver, move the metal tang on the outside (toward the edge of the car) hinge for the back seats. This will allow you to pop that edge of the seat up. 3) Pull the seat out. This will remove the inside part of the seat from a horizontal post around which it pivots. 4) Use your favorite grease on three points:

----- The outer metal knob that acts as part of the outer seat back pivot point.

----- The inner hole (about 3/8" diameter, 1.5" deep) that provides the pivot point for the inner seat back hinge.

----- The latch mechanism attached to the car proper.

I've done this with a Teflon based grease, and it works well - no more squeaks. When I did it to just the latches, there were still some residual squeaks.

Hope this helps. MUCH quieter!

Kirk Kohnen