Wax?

Should I be waxing my Saturn? If so, is there some special type of wax I should use?

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Yes, you can wax a Saturn. Your car will look terrific! There are people who swear by exotic carnuba waxes made from dead insects or something, but I just use a good quality wax like those made by Turtle. Clean the car well first. I like to wax the car after getting a free wash at the dealership with an oil change. Saves me the effort.

Reply to
blue_x21

Zaino is probably the top-of-the-line wax out there.

Seems to last pretty long time for me. Never though one ounce of wax would cover my car, but I had enough left over to do the motorcycle as well. Get their kit.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

My wax (and other car care stuff) of choice is Maguires. Good stuff! Mothers makes just as good stuff but is more expensive.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Those are what I "used to" use.

Try the Zaino stuff sometime. It will outshine and outlast the others and it wipes off with a cotton towel easier. You do not need a buffer as with the others if you want a top shine. The Zaino stuff has some accelerator that you add maybe 5 drops of it to one ounce of their wax. Once it goes on, it wipes off with virtually no streaking or hazing as will happen with Maguires. Their number 5 almost gets rid of minute scratches before the wax part.

I still like the "Stoner's Invisible Glass" cleaner for the glass portion (Kragen, Wal_Mart, etc.). Pretty common auto parts store item.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg