Back up alarm

I have a 2006 VUE and would like to have a back up alarm installed. Saturn does not do it. Any suggestions?

Reply to
R B S

Is that in case your regular alarm doesn't prevent the car from being stolen? (joke)

Try one of those car stereo places. They install back-up/reverse alarms, remote starts, LCD tv's, etc, etc....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Something like this would be easiest. It is a bulb with an alarm built in - you just plug it in in place of your existing backup bulbs:

?category_id=1020 Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Yes this can work but there is no big science to installing one. Simple mount it where you want it, attach one wire to ground and and splice the other into the backup light circuit and you are all set.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

They have backup alarms built into after market bulbs.

hth:

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

Please don't do it. Those things are annoying as hell. It's your responsibility to know what's behind you. Don't make it someone else's.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

What is annoying about it? I think it is not a bad idea because not everyone look for pedestrians in a parking lot.

SnoMan

Giving a warning is not the other persons responsibility.I had a license plate frame with a built in beeper,ws dorky at first,but it saved me from craning my head all over.Dad asked if I got a insurance discount on it!.

Reply to
teem