wont start plz help

Hi im having a problem with my 1992 saturn SL and im not 100% shure what it is. it started out when i went to start my car i would half to play around with the shifter(automatic) push it up wiggle it in park or use neutral then it got worse and i would half to wiggle in both park and neutral till it got so bad i had to put it in drive turn the key to start it and pop it slowly into neutral till it caught and fired up......well now i cant even get it started no matter how much u play with the damn thing. from the time it started doing it till it flopped was prolly about week and half, i think it might be the neutral start switch but im not shure thought id see if anyone could help me out i tried the good ole papper clip jumper and all i got was a code 12 so i dunno.

thnx, Tyler.

Reply to
RoT-PhEaR

Sounds like a transaxle range switch. try disconnecting the range switch and use a jumper wire to bypasss the two connection terminals. If it starts normally, the switch is bad.

hope that helps

Jeremiah

Reply to
uknewwho

this is from the haynes manual. Neutral start switch (1997 and earlier models) or Transaxle Range switch (1998 and later models)

and if u could plz explain how to use a jumper on the start switch if u can?

thnx, Tyler

Reply to
RoT-PhEaR

Got to be the neutral start switch, either bad or it's somehow become misadjusted.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

a Fused Jumper wire is a jumper wire with a very small fuse inline, this acts as a circuit breaker to protect the rest of the electronics. Now I forget how this works on the range switch, but you might be able to just unplug the switch harness. If you don't have a fused jumper wire, I've yet to find anyone online, or else where, that sells pre-made fused jumper wires, so you have to make it your self. You should be able to use a piece of wire, the same size as the harness and connect the two terminals.

Hope that helps Good luck

Jeremiah

Reply to
uknewwho