XM Antenna

About 3 months ago I had an indash XM radio installed (Alpine). Along with the head unit, I had the Terk XMicro2 antenna installed on the roof of the car. After about a month, the antenna was shot. I was unable to get any signa where before I never had any drop outs during my normal 45 minute commute (one way). The installer said it was probably just a bad antenna and replaced it. That was a month ago and now the new antenna is going south fast. In another week I think it will be as useless as the first.

I really love the radio and want to get something that works. However, I want something that lasts. What antennas would you recommend?

Reply to
i6966606

Thats interesting that a Terk antenna would go "bad" twice. Terks are oem for most XM factory installations like Benz and Honda, etc., so what could be occuring that would make yours go bad? Perhaps look at how the installation was done, and what you may be doing to break the antenna, ie: brushed car washes, hitting things, cats eating it, etc. :-) Perhaps the wrong antenna was installed?

Alternately, you can get new antennas etc. from xmradio.com.

marx404

Reply to
marx404