Latest threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rodentia in AC
Have I got a weird one for this group. I have a 1997 SC2 and this weekend the AC seemed to go bonkers. There was a fierce rattle in the system, fan speed dependent, and maybe 20% airflow. What a time...
3
3

Tuneup for road trip
Going to be driving my '96 SL1 4000(ish) miles through mostly desert and I'm wondering what kind of things I should be looking to tune up before I leave. I've already gone over the A/C and I'm pretty...
4
4

13 years of Car & Driver on eBay!
1983 through 2000
4
4

What is this noise?
Hello, My 95SL2, Auto, AC, started to make a funny noise yesterday, not loud, but a slight whirring (or a police siren from a distance) when at low speeds, couldn't hear anything at mid to high...
5
5

Replacement seats?
Hi, Has anyone tried to replace their SC1 or SC2 seats? I thinking about getting a pair of 3a racing or APC seats just for the looks and wonder if these would fit. Thanks for any and all relevant...

Re: Thinking of buying a VUE..your opinions
Jim, Thank goodness your not on the retail side and have to sell all the remaining 2003 models you built!

98 SC2 drinks oil like gas!
Warmer, warmer... mine, a '95 SL2 with 114K of, mostly highway, and mostly spirited (I live in LA), miles on it burnt more than a quart of oil every fill-up (~400 miles). I have it since new, and the...
10
10

96' SL2 With Reverse delay
I have a 96 Saturn SL2 with 55,000 miles on it. It started to have a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds when shifting into reverse. The forward gears are fine and it shift into drive fine. The fluid level...
2
2

Cleaning Clear Plastic
After I got home with my Ion,I noticed the clear plastic covering the gauge cluster,was hazy/filmy,like the car sat out in the heat for months before shippng,I was thinking of using a wet(water with a...
2
2

Question on SW2 rear Hatch
hi we recently bought a 1995 sw2. the rear hatch release will not work from the remote release. also the rear keylock does not work(key broke off ,have used one ordered from joe@6th planet).until i...
1
1

AEM Short RAM Air Intake installed... review...
Just installed the AEM Short RAM Air Intake on my 1991 Sl2. Engine has about 40,000 miles on it. Gives the engine a nice "biting" sound, especially at higher RPMs... performance difference seems to be...
4
4

Power window
I have a 95 SL1 in which I have just replaced the motor to my power windows. It went out 3-4 years ago but I have always had other priorities to spend my money on. Anyway now it is installed and I can...
2
2

Oil Magnets - NOT Voodo "Science"
"Kirk Kohnen" wrote in inimitable style: Plenty of people with web pages have touched upon this subject, it seems. At this page: is a discussion of a product called Bear Trap (BT500) which the web...
3
3

lower control arm/ball joints
Last time my ten year old Saturn was inspected they said the ball joints were borderline. I've asked before if any do-it-yourself types have been able to successfully get the ball joints/control arm...
1
1

94 SW2 sputtering problem
Hi all, I just bought a 94 Saturn SW2 and it runs great except that I noticed that it sputters (like it is getting differing amounts of gas) when I have light pressure on the accelerator. When I am...
2
2