1965 Daytona needs bumpers

Any body got a front and rear bumper? I live in Anderson SC.

Reply to
Paul Brewington

Check with Dennis at SASCO. At the swap meet last weekend he had a pile of $35 NOS late model bumpers, while NOS they have defects in the chrome; scratches, dings, pitting, etc. from all the years of storage. I picked one up to use on my 62 Lark, got it home and put the chrome polish to it. Turned out to be a real decent bumper, good for a driver and a super core to have rechromed.

Reply to
Dan Peterson

Thanks Dan, I will check Monday. Hope the shippings not to bad!!!

while NOS they have defects in the chrome; scratches, dings, pitting, etc. from all the years of storage. I picked one up to use on my 62 Lark, got it home and put the chrome polish to it. Turned out to be a real decent bumper, good for a driver and a super core to have rechromed.

Reply to
Paul Brewington

I think they are rears only, but buying one of those and having it chromed for the front (need to fill two holes) still may be worth it if this is a real nice car

nate

Dan Peters> Check with Dennis at SASCO.

while NOS they have defects in the chrome; scratches, dings, pitting, etc. from all the years of storage. I picked one up to use on my 62 Lark, got it home and put the chrome polish to it. Turned out to be a real decent bumper, good for a driver and a super core to have rechromed.

Reply to
N8N

I bought a really nice NOS one from Stephen Allen's about a year ago for $150. Shipping was cheap to Kentucky.

Mark

65 Cruiser
N8N wrote:

bumpers, while NOS they have defects in the chrome; scratches, dings, pitting, etc. from all the years of storage. I picked one up to use on my 62 Lark, got it home and put the chrome polish to it. Turned out to be a real decent bumper, good for a driver and a super core to have rechromed.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

bumpers, while NOS they have defects in the chrome; scratches, dings, pitting, etc. from all the years of storage. I picked one up to use on my 62 Lark, got it home and put the chrome polish to it. Turned out to be a real decent bumper, good for a driver and a super core to have rechromed.

Reply to
jimmijim8

What I've found works well is to use to stainless steel filler plugs that are used in kitchens and baths. These can be found at the local hardware store or home center. 99% of the people in the world would know that they weren't factory correct. (Ditto using 64 to 66 bumpers on a 62).

Reply to
Dan Peterson