WTB 1966 Cruiser Radio Trim Plate

Anyone have a nice fake wood grained radio dash plate for a 1966 Cruiser?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

You never did tell us more about your '66 that you now have it home, unless I missed a posting somewhere. What color is it? Does have those wider sill plates?

Craig.

Reply to
Craig Parslow

Hello Craig. The car is a major project. It does not have any sill plates, someone took them off. It took me a while to decide if I should keep the car or part it out. The worst rust is in the edge of the floor boards. Most of the body panels have bondo. Besides the mice urine smell that I have gotten out with repeated soakings of pet urine remover spay that is the worst of it. It runs good, shifts good, dash is perfect, original seats are very nice. Glass is 100% Vinyl top is perfect. All trim is intact and decent. Front and rear bumber need to be rechromed and straightened or replaced. I ordered $500.00 worth of NOS sheet metal from the SASCO spring sale for it. That got me the rear doors, all four fenders, hood, and lower panel. I am going to weld in pieces to repair the floors with the exception of the rocker panels which I will get from Classic Enterprises. It has a cool under dash ac unit that says air condining by Studebaker. So it is definitley a project. There were too many good things about the car in my opinion to shoot it in the head. If the nos sheet metal was not available so cheap I would have reconsidered though.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

PS: The car is artic white with a blue interior. It still has the paint label under the dash. It also has a vinyl top tag by the body number.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL