4 sd. versus.3 spd. mounts?

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 3 spd. rear mount and the 4 spd. one? I have used the 3 spd. mount (new of course) on 4 spd conversions with no problems. Ron

Reply to
Ron Butts

Studs are shorter on the 4-spd. mount, for one thing... destroyed my #$^%$^% shifter plate when I decided to change my rear mount (was a

3-speed mount) and had to lift it up real high to get the mount out... I'll never do that again.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

N8 if you are going to York let me know. You also might want to pack anything you want to sell. Figured I'd ask on here since your e-mail and phone voice mail is not working.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

hmm, haven't gotten an email from you but it is working... I haven't called you yet because I still don't know if I have a car or not. I can't leave if I don't have a car within the next couple days... stopped by shop on the way home but they still haven't finished it yet

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Take my Ford PU, it just sits anyway.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

not for me, I need to leave something here for Michele to drive. her car is still disassembled because the driveway finally started to thaw yesterday... she can't drive the Impala because of the company insurance policy

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Never mind

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Everytime I miss my kids with their lame fukin' excuses Nate pops up and covers their asses. He ain't gonna do anything you suggest, if you tell him something the response is "I know" (aka my trigger phrase to kill mode). I appriciate your online banter as it also keeps my stress drug usage to a low consumption. .

Reply to
oldcarfart

That's why we shouldn't live too long. Seeing the SOS despite attempts to "correct" such deportment just gets real old...

JT

(Already seen too much and really don't care anymore)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Actually, the loan of the pickup was my backup suggestion. The best idea is for the GF to get a new car, or N8 to find a GF that owes one. If the SOB gives up York this year, we've lost him for good,so young, and so domesticated.

Grumpy AuC>>>

Reply to
John Poulos

There is no $$$ for a new car... sales manager at work has offered me his old F**d pickup for a fire sale price, but the thing is I have to wait until his new company vehicle comes in before I can take him up on it. (couple more paychecks wouldn't hurt either.)

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Never underestimate the power of the little head vs. the big brain...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

My girl friends are much lower maintenance and drive newer cars.

Grumpy AuC> Never underestimate the power of the little head vs. the big brain... > >

Reply to
John Poulos

If I could find a mechanic that wasn't worthless, I wouldn't be in this situation right now. I just spent an afternoon cleaning oil up from under the hood of her POS (since I finally had a weekend day above freezing,) well it wasn't a POS when she bought it but after being hacked up by three different mechanics it pretty much is. At this point I need to put it back together myself because from what I've seen I'm never taking a car to any of the people that have worked on this one... bolt heads stripped, steel bolts going into aluminum threads with no anti-seize, O-rings reused and smeared with silicone, banjo bolt seals reused (and leaking) PCV valve gutted, supercharger silencer box which the FSM tells you never to take apart, taken apart and reassembled with silicone, etc. etc. etc. I am not happy. plus the pulley for the A/C compressor which is supposed to be new looks like it's been attacked by a pry bar, I don't know if the new serp. belt is going to last with that on there. Did I mention that I'm pissed off?

I like the guy that has the Porsche right now, he seems like a good guy and there's several immaculate race cars in the shop. Unfortunately he is SLOW. And doesn't work on anything but Porsches.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well, we have a room for York, plenty of room for you and some parts in the truck. Actually better if you don't go, with your luck, all the dream parts will show up if you don't.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I'm still waiting to hear about the car, even if I end up screwed I can still probably manage to drive up for the day Friday. It's actually not that far from here although the drive up 270 sucks.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

N8, this is York, we go up on Friday morning anyway.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I know, but if I don't have my car back I'll have to leave Fri. night or early Sat. AM.

I did stop at the shop and talk to the guy Fri. night so he knows about my deal so hopefully he will at least get the important stuff done.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel