42 commander 6 cylinder motor swap question

Does anyone know if a later year commander 6 cylinder motor would be a bolt in exchange for the 42 commander 6 cylinder.

Regards,Sheldon

Reply to
shel_elias

Sheldon,

I know a guy who has a 245 in his '40 Commander, so I'm sure you can do it. I expect you will have to use the motor mount components off the original engine, and possibly the oil pan.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I'm sure the specifics of that installation are mentioned in a service bulletin, but I've been away from home since June 15th and still a few days out. I could look then though.

Reply to
Dwain G.