'55 studebaker president on Ebay

Hi, I'm new to studebakers, and Sal told me I should talk to J Poulis. Thru the miracle of what we call the internet, I found this website. I would like your opinion on this studebaker I found on Ebay.

Also what questions I should ask the seller.

I have already asked if he could post more pictures, how bad the rust spots were and if he thought the car could be driven from Ohio to NY. Still waiting to hear back from him.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Lynda

Reply to
menardpod

dwcars

Hi Linda, I'm John Poulos. I'd sure ask about the condition of the floors and trunk floor since it's a typical rust area, Also inquire since just replating the grill is well over about $1000, maybe much more if pitted.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

John Poulos

Hi I still haven't heard back from the seller, but he has posted more pictures of the car, including the floor and the trunk. What do you think the condition is from the pictures. There seems to be some damage on the front drivers fender, easy fix. I also asked him about the condition of the chrome,if it was pitted, peeling, but like I said he hasn't gotten back to me. He also states that there is overdrive but can't guarantee that it works, so I am going to assume that it shouldn't be driven from Ohio to NY. Any one know of any transports in that area? Thanks for your time Lynda

Reply to
menardpod

Call Peg Trucking, mention me or Studebaker discount for a quote:

John Poulos

Ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-Studebaker-President_W0QQitemZ160...>

That is NOT an "all original" car. As has been mentioned, that halo band was not offered on C body coupes. I never remember seeing spotlights mounted through the door posts, instead of the A pillars, before. Before bidding higher, I think that I would want to see the car in person, or at least have someone knowledgeable about Studebakers look at it for me.

Reply to
studegary

Ebay.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-Studebaker-President_W0QQitemZ160...>

Hi I do realize that it is not an original car. I wanted an older car as a daily driver for the summer. I really like the 2 door coupes. I didn't even notice the spotlight on the car, thanks for pointing that out. I haven't put a bid on the car yet, because I haven't heard back from the seller about any of my questions. I would love to be able to see the car, but thats not possible and I don't know anyone in Ohio. I really wanted some opinions and what to look for and ask, from people who know studes.

Thanks Lynda

Reply to
menardpod

Hello- Lynda-

I live 5 minutes from this car. I have personally looked at it, and checked it out. I would say the condition is pretty much what they are saying. I am not a President expert- so I cannot speak to the authenticity of the details of that model.

What I can tell you though- there is visiable rust in a couple common places on the Studes- on both front fenders in front of the posts. The bottoms of the doors have some rust as well. The door panels are great- but the headliner and seats need replaced. When looking at the car- the hood does not seem to align with the front very well. The car is very solid, the frame is excellent, and the doors close very nicely.

When I originally looked at the vehicle the owner could not start the car. At the time- I was only thinking it was worth between 7-9K- it looks like they are going to reach that on Ebay.

If you need me to look at anything else- please contact me- and I will be able to look it over again.

Mitch

-Studebaker-President_W0QQitemZ160...

Reply to
mitchrenee