58 Hawk MC ?

What is the size of the hex on a master cylinder of a '58 Hawk, probably all Studes of that vintage? I need to go prepared to have functioning brakes when I pull her out of her storage container slumber. It's too chancy to hope engaging Park will stop her before she rolls down the ramps and crosses the aisle berween the containers, about 25 feet!

Reply to
jab-ph

satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Are you talking about setting the brake adjustment ahead of time. If so. you will need a 5/8 ths and an 11/16th open end wrench. Loosen the one to the front, and tighten the one in the rear. You should get some pedal, but be careful not to over extend the rod.

Reply to
Bill Glass

I wasn't specific enough, the hex on the filler cap. And yes channel locks would probably do nicely.

Reply to
jab-ph

The cap is not usually so tight that a crescent would work just fine. I think it is about an inch or 7/8 inch.

Reply to
Paul Villforth

I suggest large adjustable wrench with a screwdriver through hole in handle to effectively make a "T" wrench.

Reply to
oldcarfart