58 Golden Hawk on ebay soon

I have been asked by a deceased friend (Jim Feddick) wife to help her sell his cars. I wanted to give you guys a heads up on this Golden Hawk. It is the most rust free I have seen in some time it has spent its life in CA & AZ Jim did things first class and it shows in this car. Let me know what you think & what you think it will bring. I will also be listing a 51 Land Cruiser and 53 Packard and will share photos of them also as soon as I get the pictures on web shots. There is nothing in this for me. Just helping a friend

Jerry

I am sure sorry to hear of Jim's passing. When did he pass, Jerry?

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn.
Reply to
Barry

Barry he died on Jan 9th I posted it to the NG but like so many of my post it did not make it.

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry,

Sorry to hear a Stude man has crossed the Jordan. The rest of us aren't doing too good a job of finding young people to fill the ranks of those who actually remember when you could buy a new Stude, either.

You asked about a value of the car-- It's beautiful!

But you knew that, and you also know that JP is probably the best judge of what one will bring.

I would guess that the Golden Hawk you linked would bring $15,000 in real dollars, assuming there are no nasty surprises underneath.

Dave Miller, So. Ga. SDC

Reply to
South Ga. 62 Cruiser

Reply to
John Poulos

That car might sell for upwards of 27,000. Especially to the non stude type buyer. Sho is a nice piece. Put it on e-bay for all to see. Just my opinion. The only thing that I can think of that would make it look better would be a rear bumper from a 55 Sedan. What do you think Jerry.. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Just kidding. That inference was meant for Jerry Forrester. We have a thing about rear bumpers. When I saw your name Jerry as posting I thought you were him. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Just kidding. That inference was meant for Jerry Forrester. We have a thing about rear bumpers. When I saw your name Jerry as posting I thought you were him. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Reply to
Young Captian

Why bull shit the guy with $25,000.00? A 1957 Golden Hawk that was not as nice just went for $38,000.00 on EBAY.

For all the guys that whined about how high the prices are getting when that one sold a few weeks ago think about this. They had 40 years to buy cars at way below value and a lot of Studebaker guys shot cars in the head that were very restorable. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Reply to
Young Captian

Reply to
John Poulos

Get a good education and keep up with the rat race Studebaker Captain. There are always 4 doors and less popular models for the guys that want to keep with a budget, but if you want a Golden Hawk or nice Avanti anymore you have to pay to play! No whining because I am out of cheese.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Dang you Jim!!! How many times do I have to tell you,"The '55 sedan rear bumpers are the same as all Studebaker Hawks 1956 through 1964.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

There are no surprises with this car the under side is as clean as the outside. It has 58K miles and I have the paper work to show . The only place it needs anything is the front carpet is showing wear. and a new carpet set comes with it.

Reply to
Jerry

That is more in line with what I was thinking JP. Thanks for the offer I know your listing would be better than anything I could do. Ill call you tomorrow and we can talk about it.

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, I think I have finally figured it out. A 55 through 64 C&K rear bumper with the mounting brackets will fit a 55 sedan, however, a 55 sedan rear bumper will not fit the C&K mounting brackets. A 55 sedan rear bumper with sedan mounting brackets will fit a coupe but it won't look too good. Hows that sound? Jerry, aren't you from Georgia?,and if you are why didn't I see you at the State meet? One of these days we are going to get this bumper thingy solved. Then we can both sleep at nights. Next time the coffee is on you. Have a nice day. Are you going to South Bend. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Hey Jim. The bumpers are the same. Barring any unforseen circumstances, I will be in SB. I have to drive out to Dallas Tx. the weekend before for my daughter's wedding and as soon as I return to Georgia from that I will load the truck and head north. Hope to be staying at the DeLabarre Motel on Thursday the

4th. and be at SASCO Friday morn.
Reply to
Jerry Forrester

We'll be glad to have you on Thursday, Jerry! Danny and Melody Snow are due in Thursday late evening as well. Hope you don't mind the 'short' bed in the west wing

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Hey, I love letting my feet air out at night.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester