Avanti 4spd conv?

Looking to convert my Avanti from the BW auto to a 4spd. The tranmission is Stude T-10, but I'll be needing all the clutch mechanisms, from pedals to forks. Anyone done this before and can provide a list of all components needed? Was the Avanti's components any different from Hawk's or Lark's?

If anyone has any of these parts I'm in the market.

HN Cadet

Reply to
HNCadet

Other then the shifter, all same as Lark. Other then all the clutch stuff, you'll need a drive shaft and longer flywheel to crank shaft bolts.

HNCadet wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
HNCadet

The hard part will be the clutch pivot that mounts on the 4 speed trans and the speedo cable, the rest could come off a 3 speed V8 Lark parts car.

HNCadet wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Have you got a B motor H N Cadet or an R3 clone in your Avanti?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

I am in the process of converting a 3 speed Lark to a 4 speed. The clutch pivot on it is in the same place as on the 3 speed. Is the Avanti different from the Lark? Or should the Lark I am putting the 4 speed in have a different pivot mount?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 489 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii

My bad, it's the Hawk that needs the rare pivot. It's on the frame on Lark's and Avanti's. I just had N8's 55 coupe conversion in my head.

blacklarkviii I am in the process of converting a 3 speed Lark to a 4 speed. The clutch

John Poulos

Reply to
HNCadet

Thanks John, I thought I was missing something on the Lark.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 489 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii

I bought a 62 Hawk 4 spd T-10 when i went to a meet in Kansas a couple years ago, has a mount on it, just thought i may need it some day, looks good on the inside, but someone welded another handle on the shifter, Has the Chevy bolt pattern.

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

I am pulling the T- 10 from my 53 coupe today to do the 5 speed install. and I wanted to offer the T-10 here before I put it on eBay. It has about

3000 miles on it since all new sycros and small parts kit was installed. and it comes with a Hurst shifter. It is the Chevy pattern. $550.00 plus shipping. Email me if interested
Reply to
Jerry Kaiser
Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL