AVANTI INTERIOR

Now that I put a repro dash in my Avanti,(elk + fawn) I need to know how many variables there will be . as I will get repro seat covers, all the front+rear upper pieces that are glued in before front+rear glass goes in.how close can I expect all that to match the origional door panel colors?,or each other for that matter?

Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
63t-cab

My covers are a good match and spray dye in both color is available anyway.

63t-cab wrote:
Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
63t-cab

SEM sells a prep spray that actually softens/opens the pores of the vinyl, pretty good adhesion that way. I used SEM dye per instructions on the door panels of my '62 and they still looked good when it left...

nate

63t-cab wrote:
Reply to
N8N

I have never been anything less than amazed at how those products work.

(Properly clean/prepare the surface first!)

Reply to
Dave's Place

Reply to
63t-cab

Reply to
John Poulos

Studebaker International sells the Avanti colors in a spray can.

63t-cab wrote:
Reply to
John Poulos

One cheapass method it to go to a real old fashioned shoe repair place. They sell spray vinyl dye in a ton of colors for the gals wedding shoes (and different moods).. Perhaps a close match can be found close to home. Jeff

"63t-cab" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

The dye I used, I forget the name of the color, came out of a spray can, and it was a good match for the factory white in a '62. I personally would just get the SEM prep spray, get the vinyl dye from SI or whoever for your color (which comes in a spray can,) and not lose sleep over it. just follow the directions and you will be fine. I think the only place you might have an issue would be possibly seating surfaces, but the NOS interior that I got with my '62 appeared to have been partially dyed (at least one of the front buckets) and I did not notice any issues.

Just one tip, when vinyl dyeing door panels with the mylar coated plastic "chrome" trim, get the least sticky masking tape you can find. I was very careful on my car but still peeled a little bit of the fake chrome on one panel. I don't think that is an issue on an Avanti but I'm just making a general comment.

good luck,

nate

63t-cab wrote:
Reply to