Avanti non-stock items?

What can you do to an Avanti before you are considered making it non-stock? I enter the car in non-studebaker event car shows, so I like to brag that the car is all stock, including the Paxton Supercharger. People have a hard time believing me. Can you put a dual master cylinder and eliminate the surge tank on top of the radiatior/engine? Wider rims? I don't plan to do anything else, but I'm at a loss to know if safety items are considered going non-stock. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jim R4711 R-2

Reply to
jim

Ain't that ironic!!! As nearly everyone knows, other than the engine itself and the frame, most of the components on late model Studebaker were sourced from outside vendors. Of all the propriety suppliers, Paxton was the only one actually owned by Studebaker Corp.!!

Craig

Reply to
Craig Parslow

Your best bet would be to go to the Avanti forum and ask them..

Make up some display signs from the OE advertising and use them in your display. Put a copy of the build sheet with it. If you brag about it being stock, then you should keep it stock. It's your word. Going to shows is supposed to be for entertainment. Just go and have fun...unless it is an Avanti show .. Jeff

What can you do to an Avanti before you are considered making it

Reply to
Jeff Rice

As Jeff suggested... make up a sign. Change the wording "all stock" to "Stock w/safety additions". At the bottom list the Non-Stock safety items- dual MC, Upgraded Steel wheels suitable for Radials... and leave it at that...

Ray

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Studeman

Most people at the local car shows don't know the fine details of a pure stock Avanti vs. one with a few upgrades. Mine has the surge tank eliminated, black wheels, a custom armrest/console a 700R4 trans with a Camaro shifter and a later Avanti II Momo steering wheel. Every once in awhile someone with a little Avanti knowledge will ask if the shifter or the console are original. I like trying to make the upgrades look like they were there all along.

The wheels and master cyl> > What can you do to an Avanti before you are considered making it > > non-stock?

Reply to
Big E