Avanti Parts FS

I have some parts available that I won't be using and I have no plans to return mt 64 R2 (R3719) to stock - I'll offer them here before listing with eBay. Shipping & handling are extra on all...

1) 1 Ford FMX auto trans conversion for a true 3-speed in your Studebaker. This one I built for installation in my Dad's 62 GT Hawk which unfortunately didn't survive the disassembly process (body & structure too far gone underneath). So this has the setup for a column shift but could easily be modified for a floor shift. It needs a Powershift bellhousing as the stock Flightomatic bellhousing doesn't mate with an FMX transmission case. If you stick with a column shift you would have to adjust for the PRND21 detents instead of PNDLR as well as find a suitable column gear indicator. This unit has never been in a car, has the Transgo shift kit for snappy upshifts. Sorry, no warranty is offered. Asking $750 USD plus shipping & crating.

2) 1 Borg Warner Powershift out of my R2 Avanti. Was rebuilt in 1996 according to the hieroglyphics on the case. Was working very well before I removed it from the car for the current l-o-n-g term restoration project. Again, no warranty is offered. Includes torque converter, don't know the stall speed but if OEM it's likely 2100 or 2200rpm. Asking $600 USD plus shipping & crating.

NOTE: I would expect mounting a transmission on a pallet and shipping into the USA would not be a chicken feed affair. The weight is likely going to attract significant freight cost. I imagine the tranny would weigh 150# or more so let me know your zip code and I'll get you a quote.

3) Stock Avanti steering column & steering wheel. I'm installing an Ididit with tilt, hazard flashers and cruise control. Guess what - no warranty but nothing wrong with it that I can see. I restored the steering wheel with the Eastwood kit so you won't have any of the usual gaps that appear with age nor any cracks around the circumference of the wheel. It is not NOS obviously - it is all black as the previous owner had refinished it and I simply refinished with black urethane. The spokes are in good shape. Asking $750 USD but open to offers.

4) Original Avanti brake master cylinder and power booster. Used, no warranty on either piece. Asking $250 USD.

Glad to answer any questions you might have.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie