Avanti Speedometer Ticking

I am having an issue with the Speedometer on my '64 Avanti making a noticable "ticking" sound (that changes with speed). I am fully aware of the typical "fixes" for this type of problem and have tried them all. This includes lubing the cable (I have even tried different types of lube), making sure that the cable has no unusual bends or kinks, and replacing the cable. The speedometer does not fluctuate at any speed and is accurate. The odometer does work and is accurate also. My question is, could the problem be in the speedometer itself even though it does not show any outward signs of problems?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

TJH

Reply to
TJH