Oil Filter type?

I have a 1960 v8 partial flow, with thetype of oil filter that is of the "drop in " variety, NOT the disposable type.

Any body have a filter number for this one??

Thanks Jim

Reply to
jimandkathiekrise

The drop-in cartridge-type for a V-8 should be a Fram C-4 (filter tank is a Fram F-4). Try your local farm store like Tractor Supply. They stock them. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Fram C4 or equivalent (x-refs are on my web site)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Almost forgot; buy some gasket paper too. I think only Hastings comes with the correct gasket for the later style housings (not Fram made, I forget who made them.) All cartridges come with the gaskets for the Fram housings. Not sure which was used in '60.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 409 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
blacklarkviii

I thought that the C3s were only used on sixes; I suppose that the factory could have used them when the C4s ran short, or it was added by a PO...

nate

blacklarkviii My 59 V8 had the c3 filter made by Wix. It is a little bit smaller.

Nate Nagel