Avanti steering

Where can I find a 1963 Avanti steering worm gear with a 16.1 ratio? Or a used gear box? Allen French Texas

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

If your gear box isn't bad, you can get the "quick steering" arms that bolt onto your spindles from several vendors. I have no experience with them but have heard that a) they make the car much more pleasant to drive and b) they make the car much less pleasant to drive :)

nate

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Allen,

I do not know for sure the ratio but, I do have two used Avanti steering gears here (both cars were equipped with power steering). If you could let me know how many turns lock to lock you are looking for, I'll check mine.

Reply to
Lee

Lee, The 16.1 ratio is 3.5 turns lock to lock. Allen

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com