2R truck values

OK, I'll admit it I don't get the bidding on ebay. Look at this 2R truck on ebay. It's a decent enough truck, but it's been bid to over twice what I'd pay and I "should" know values. Just last year, I sold a show version of the same truck for 10K and thought that was very good money.

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net
My Ebay items:
GT Hawk

64 Commander 2 door 63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) 63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2 63 Avanti R1 63 Daytona convert 63 Lark 2 door 62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 59 3E truck 52 Starlight 52 Starliner 51 Commander
Reply to
John Poulos

'Could be a Grapette groupy, John. (Seriously).

Like anything else out of the fifties, I'll bet there's a Grapette culture of some sort, but I'm too busy to Google it right now. It was certainly a popular "independent" drink (i.e, not a Coca-Cola or Pepsi-Cola corporate product...that I know of.)

If this truck has any documentation as to its Grapette past, the seller may have a "Grapetter" on the hook.

That's as good a theory as any, right? BP

John Poulos wrote:

bobcaripalma

'Could be a Grapette groupy, John. (Seriously).

Like anything else out of the fifties, I'll bet there's a Grapette culture of some sort, but I'm too busy to Google it right now. It was certainly a popular "independent" drink (i.e, not a Coca-Cola or Pepsi-Cola corporate product...that I know of.)

If this truck has any documentation as to its Grapette past, the seller may have a "Grapetter" on the hook.

That's as good a theory as any, right? BP

John Poulos wrote:

bobcaripalma

John Poulos