Landrover museum at Solihull

can someone point me in the right direction to the website for the above, going to birmingham for the weekend and fancy nipping down to the museum on the saturday but don`t know the address or anything like that.

cheers,

Nick C series 2a D90

Reply to
Nick C

That'll be

then.

Regards Steve G

remove the nospam to email me

Reply to
SteveG

Well 'yes' and 'no'...

The Heritage Motor Centre is, as you rightly point out, known as the Land Rover museum - inccorectly so as they house all British Marques.

The new Land Rover Experience 'museum' will be opening shortly in Solihull, though.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

In article , Mother writes

Hmm... priceless transport collection... Birmingham... risky.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Yes, let's hope it's better sprinklers than the motorcycle museum. . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

On or around Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:27:57 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

still can't believe that, there was some truly unique stuff there, and some of it will probably not be restorable... Neither can I believe that what was a relatively new building complex didn't have effective fire precautions.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 9/10/03 6:27 pm, Exit using , in article ID xUghb.88140$ snipped-for-privacy@news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk, scribbled:

I reckon it's the building design that's crucial in fire prevention. A lot of quickly built places always seem to go whoomph in a fire - it spreads so quickly. Look at last night's fire on the M62 near Manchester - an entire motorway services destroyed in under an hour apparently!

Reply to
Llandrovers

In article , Llandrovers writes

A school burnt down near me about a year ago because it happened at night when the water company turn down the pressure to just a trickle. It took the Fire Brigade a long time to get full pressure, by then it was too late. On that basis, sprinklers may not be very effective at night.

Reply to
John Halliwell

Having had the dubious pleasure of using those services over recent months, I'd hazzard a guess that the speed of the fire was due to satisfied customers pouring petrol on!!!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson