Bought myself a B-day present(OT)

You only turn fifty once,and its a miracle I made it this far. So I went into H+R music and came out with a Gibson Les Paul standard,sunburst mahogany body,rosewood fretboard,mother of pearl inlays. Dual humbucker pick-ups,just like the one Angus Young often plays. I play it for awhile,then just put it on its stand and look at it. A work of art. Could have bought a pretty nice Stude for the price,but...WTF.

Reply to
Robert Black

That's why I play Tele's, then I can afford a Stude too;)

Mark

65 Cruiser
Black wrote:
Reply to
Mark Anderson

Reply to
Robert Black

My back is what made my change. I played Gibson's exclusively for probably 15 years, till my back started complaining. I just couldn't sling a Paul for 4 hours anymore, so I switched to a Strat and really liked it. Then, I tried a Tele and haven't looked back. Simplicity--like a Stude.

I DO like Les Paul's though--kinda like Caddy's!

Mark

65 Cruiser
Robert Black wrote:
Reply to
Mark Anderson

Happy B-day, Robert - glad you're treating yourself right. I turn 53 tomorrow and can't hardly believe it when I see that old fart in the mirror.

Robert Black wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I agree on the Pauls being a bit on the heavy side...I had a blond early seventies Deluxe for twenty five years. Beautiful guitar but an anchor. Sold that one about four years ago when someone made me an offer that I just couldn't refuse. I had a lot of guitars but the one I had the most fun with was a 1970 Mosrite. Only have one left; a Guild G75 acoustic that I bought brand new in 1974. From what I am told it is one of less than 500 made. Only other one I have seen in person was in the hands of George Strait (he still has it as far as I know) although there was one for sale on ebay a year or so ago. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Next time let me know, my kid is a store manager at the Glen Burnie Md Guitar Center. BTW, 30 years ago, I turned down a guy that wanted to trade me a guitar he'd made in his basement for a $200 car stereo. His name was Paul Reed Smith.

Robert Black wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to