Buzz Beckman contributions to TW

I think that the best part of TW is the old letters from the college classmate of Buzz, cheerfully explaining what was happening in SB, aalthough this last was not the best. Maybe this is why I realized how good the others have been.

TW, overall, is still the prize-winner we all know and love.

Reply to
Karl Haas

AMEN! I have been begging for some of our chapter to write some of their old memories down and share with the others. One is the daughter of an old dealer, another one of the Studebaker family. So far..nothing... Maybe seeing those letters will get them off their duffs. I wish I had saved some of MY old correspondences...(and a few cars and things along the way, too.....) Studebaker George

Karl Haas wrote:

Reply to
Studebaker George

I agree that what amounts to reading a personal diary from Fred Bartz, shares a lot of personal experience from inside Studebaker. While Fred became the victim of Parkinsons disease and passed away a number of years ago, it would be interesting if one could interview him today, to see if forty years changed his outlook. If you read between the lines, I think he certainly saw the handwritting on the wall, as to the eventual outcome of Studebaker. Oddly, in about 1963, Fred left Studebaker and became a dealer for them in Manitowoc, WI. Buzz Beckman found a location for him and they made the best of it. For some reason, when Studebaker pulled the plug, he was still apparently shocked and never really got over it. He harbored a lot of bitterness about his Studebaker experience for a long time and could barely get over it, let alone discuss any portion of it. While Fred and Buzz were loyal friends for many years, before and after the Studebaker experience, there is a part of the story remaining, that we may never hear about.

Reply to
keith_kichefski