C/K Upper Radiator Air Deflector

Guys, I need this part for a '53-'54 C/K. I thought I had one on eBay this week... tried but didn't get it. On eBay he called it a hood latch assembly. I plan on being at Reedsville next week if anyone going has one or any help you can give me would be great.

Larry

Reply to
LarryK58GH

jerrystudebaker

Let me know if you come across a second one, and I'll do the same. Larry

Reply to
LarryK58GH

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Yes, I think I know what they're talking about, but don't have one. I just refinished the one for my '55 although I think that may be different due to the different shape of the grilles/hoods.

nate

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

It's metal. Here's the eBay link for the one that sold. Hope this works.

5&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&viewitem=&item%0038503988&rd=1&rd=1 Larry

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
LarryK58GH

Now that I know exactly what part you were asking me to get for you,Jerry...I'll go get one Sat. I believe there are 2 at this yard so I'll try and grab one for Larry as well.

Bob40

5&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&viewitem=&item%0038503988&rd=1&rd=1>

Reply to
Bob

5&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&viewitem=&item%0038503988&rd=1&rd=1>>

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Bob, That would be great! Let me know what you find.

Larry

Bob wrote:

Reply to
LarryK58GH

I believe the 53/54 and the 55 latch assy's and the valance are the same except for the release lever to open the hood. I've used a 55 on the 53/54 with success. I don't know if they will go the other way, though, cuz I think the lever on the 53/54 is just a little longer. I don't know if it will extend beyond the grill.

Reply to
Sals54

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

The latch may be the same (excepting the length of the lever) on the pre-Hawk C-K's but I can say for sure that the plate that the latch fastens to on the '55's is unique to the '55's. I am also almost certain that the '53-4's are the same. Jerry Forrester

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Guys, I need this part for a '53-'54 C/K. I thought I had one on eBay this week... tried but didn't get it. On eBay he called it a hood latch assembly. I plan on being at Reedsville next week if anyone going has one or any help you can give me would be great. Larry- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

--------------070203060405000803090407--

Reply to
Larry Koenig