check your grounds!

Forgot to post this on Sunday but I just remembered it... I installed an under-dash gauge panel in the '55 on Sunday which was previously in my '62 Lark (I like gauges.) One of the gauges was a voltmeter, although I have no reason to suspect any charging system issues (properly wired, fresh rebuild 63 amp Delco 10SI) anyway I started it up and it only indicated 13V, which seemed odd to me as Delcos tend to run closer to 14V or so.

Then I released the parking brake and the gauge snapped up to 14V. Apparently my dash has a poor ground and the gauges are all grounding through the e-brake cable! go figure. Would never have known had I not installed the voltmeter. check your grounds...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You just made Jim Turner groan out loud Jeff

"Nate Nagel" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I checked my grounds, & now I need to get out the rake and clean them up!

Reply to
Barry

Are those 'skeeters daid yet (for the season)?

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
midlant

The 'skeeters have subsided quite a bit this week, but are far from dead for the season- just awaiting more rain. It takes a hard freeze or a long dry spell to stop 'em, and they have a remarkable way of bouncing back. BH

Reply to
Barry

Well, they seem to be done here as we had frost on the ground two days in a row. If that didn't get 'em all, the artic blast due next Thursday should surely do it.

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire